Thursday, September 06, 2007

Pickle Pie




I just thought I'd share a taste of England with some folks. This little boat shop was located just beside the river Thames. (Where I found my notorious Van shoes). The shop is in a very interesting location because it is placed just under the lawn of a very expensive set of flats. I thought that this was an amazing workshop for the reason that they rent out the boats they build for people to row. The art of making wooden boats is very difficult, sticky, generally messy and very old. So I was impressed to see fellows not much older than myself working away at these long boats. Anyways photo's tell a lot more than I can.

3 comments:

Jin said...

i wonder if its edible.....the pickle pie i mean. would pickle pie taste good? i have no idea.

Jilly said...

ah, the age old tradition of punting on the Thames . . . I want to do that one day. Prefrably in Victorian style clothes, with Dave wearing white flannels.

Rachel Penner said...

a poem for you sam:

when night is cold
as thin skin on bony fingers
I look for hope in Sam's blog
but alas
there are never any updates
and the night is cold again
as thin skin on bony fingers