Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bridges (the unburnt kind)



So I'm finally get a move on with the guitar bridge I've been trying to fabricate. The story behind this guitar bridge is that it comes originally from a 1950's Ibanez electric guitar. I was the lucky one to have the guitar in my posession while the bridge snapped. So as it is not my guitar I have felt obligated to fix it. But surprise surprise. They don't make that type of bridge. Anywhere. At all. Even Ebay let me down.So I've been working on and off the last year or so to make a copy of it.
I've finally gotten a proper move on and now it's under way. I've poured the resin. The dye is cast. I just hope I mixed the catalyst properly, because I'm terrible at measuring those types of epoxies and resins.
I'm also feeling the affects of the resin smell on my brain. So if I tend to act a little odd if you see me, then you know why.

1 comment:

Jin said...

i thought i'd say hi. soo.....HI!