Tuesday, July 03, 2007

8 hours ahead in time than you.

That's right, here I am time traveller Sam Glasgow. I've often wondered that if there were some catastrophe somewhere else in the world if other countries would hear of it first before the country in question because of time zones.
Anyways, this is my third day in England, I'm staying with my third cousins Claire and Ian in Richmond. I've had a day in London where I went to the Victorian Albert Museum. I've walked through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens (visited the statue of Peter Pan). I scouted out and found the local swing dance club. I gave that a try and found it interesting.
Many aspects of England are different to North America. Apart from language, steering wheels,and electricity outlets. Milk here is thicker. Many of the houses have "skeleton" keys from the 1800's. I have brought my own stash of Nestle's ice tea. But even that lacks it's normality because the water here tastes different. McDonald's claims it uses the same cooking technique around the world (grease). But on my last trip I found this to be untrue. Even the Coca-Cola is slightly different.
I only have a few more days in London, so the decision making is a little tricky as to where I want to go.
It's also interesting around here with the terrorist alert at "Crytical". There has been something like 7 arrests and many searches happening at all major airports and hospitals. The reason for the hospital searches is that a few of the suspects have been doctors.
However, I hope I have some more interesting things to write about next time I am able. Right now it's 7:40 in the morning and I've been up since 4. Jet lag has finally found me.

3 comments:

Rachel Penner said...

go eat some skittles
trust me
they taste so good in the UK

Sam said...

Really? I'll go look for some. My request to become a card carrying member of the British Library was denied. They said I had to have proper proof and motive in order to have a card.

Rachel Penner said...

that sucks so much. Tell them you have a dying friend at home who wants it.