Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Heave Ho.



Well it has been a nice weekend for me. Friday night after work my family and I drove up to Okanagan Lake. The purpose of our excersion was the COSA (Central Okanagan Sailing Association) Springtime Regatta. I was a little apprehensive about going to this regatta because last year it rained all day and they made us wait on the water. For six whole hours!
However, this year turned out to be much better. Not only was it sunny, but the wind blew like stink. It was one of the few times that I have been afraid. I sail a boat called a Laser, it is 14 feet with 76 square feet of sail. This doesn't sound like a lot, but I had 25 knot winds hitting it. This left me in a bit of a tight situation. I stressed the hiking strap so much that onl the last leg of one of the courses I actually fell out because it broke. It was quite a funny site to see. I just felt myself floating through air and then I hit the really , really cold water. But fortunately I did not come last that race. Only third last. Weather was all around nice and warm. These photo's are from the trip. I have no idea who the little girl is. But she looked like she was having a fun time on the beach.

No comments: